It’s important to enjoy friends and family, but sometimes the cost of socializing can get out of hand; people often end up spending more than they plan – or want to, whether they’re socializing at home or out at a restaurant or bar. There are a number of ways to cut down on the costs of having friends and enjoy yourself just as much!
- When you’re out for the evening, limit yourself to wine spritzer’s, soda, tea or coffee, avoid expensive mixed drinks, pricy wines, and top-shelf liquors.
- Rather than ordering a full dinner, order an appetizer, you can eat before or after if you’re really hungry.
- Having breakfast, lunch or a coffee together is just as much fun as having dinner, and less than half the cost.
- When you decide to have a party, make it a potluck.
- See movies at off-hours, or – even better – host a potluck movie night in your home.
- Investigate the local coupon companies that often give large discounts on certain restaurants if you buy the coupon from them.
- Go to the gym, take a walk, or go to the dog park with friends, rather than out to a meal; better yet, take a picnic.